Pages

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Blogging Confessions

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme is all about list-making, with a new topic each week.

This weeks Topic:
Top Ten Blogging Confessions

1. I will probably never read "classics" like Wuthering Heights, Pride and Prejudice, A Tale of Two Cities, etc. The sound of these books does not entice me to read them even a tiny bit. I was meant to read Wuthering Heights last year for school, but couldn't stand the characters (Catherine is the BIGGEST brat), and I ended up reading only the first and last 3 chapters and just paid extra attention to class discussions of the book as a means of learning about it enough to write essays on it. 

2. I always place too many books on hold at the library.

3. I buy more books than I read - sad but true, I'm trying to fix this.

4. I get really hyped up about new book, whether they are by a favourite author or the latest in a series, I get beyond excited for them, but if I haven't read that series or other books by that author recently, I tend not to read them for ages even though I really want to. Also, I am somewhat (ok, more than "somewhat") paranoid about what will happen with a sequel or whether I'll like it.

5. Since i started blogging, I DNF more books, am more picky about what I read - I think this is because I've been exposed to more genres and writing styles so I have a better grasp of what good writing is and what contributes to a good story, as well as what works for me personally.

6. I'm not a huge fan of lending out my books, I'm more than a little OCD about keeping my books in perfect condition (I'm not as fussed if I bought the book second-hand and it's old or a tiny bit damaged) and have lent out books before only to have them returned in less than perfect condition - bent pages, bent of creased cover and spine and it drives me crazy.

7. I somewhat shy away from books that are very much hyped up by everyone, as I have found on more than one occasion that my opinion vastly differs.

8. Spoilers are incredibly off-putting to me, if I stumble across a spoiler for a book I want to read or am told of the spoiler, it makes me very reluctant to read that novel, and I outright hate it when people completely disregard the fact that I am planning on reading a book that they have already read (and they know this for a fact) yet competely disregard this and purposely tell me something that happens - I find it to be extremely inconsiderate and it really pisses me off.

9. I don't mind having books suggested to me to read, but if someone really pushes a book in my face, it makes me less inclined to pick it up, as I like to get to books in my own time and to make my own choices on what to read next, rather than feeling pressured.

10. I disagree with this: people saying that they are more of a fan of a book/series/author than I am (or anyone else is) simply because they have either read the book more times or read it first - neither reading a book earlier or more times means that someone is more of a fan, anyone can discover a book at any time, or read a book only once or twice, and still enjoy it as much as the next person - it shouldn't be a competition.

4 comments:

  1. Urgh, I hated Pride & Prejudice. Finally read it for the first time last year.
    Love your list :)
    Cora @ Tea Party Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, definitely won't try to read it.
      Glad you liked it :) thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. +JMJ+

    3. Don't we all? =P

    6. There is probably one person in this world whom I'd trust to borrow my books. I wish I could be more generous, though: don't we all want to share the love? But there are times when I'd rather buy someone his own copy than save him money by trusting him with mine!

    7. What are the really popular books that you didn't like? Conversely, did you ever love a book that was universally trashed? I recently revisited the Twilight series, which I used to be just "meh" about, and was surprised to fall in love with it this second time around. And now I am open-minded about anything that is derided as a "Twilight rip-off." LOL! This experience has also taught to me to read between the lines of super-critical reviews, to check if the reviewer is bashing something I'd actually enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stronger levels of testosterone Testosterone Reload help to boost blood supply to the reproductive organs and reap fuller and more impregnable erection to penetrate deeper into her and satisfy her in mattress. you're advised to reduce consumption of meat. For more ==== >>>>>> http://facts4supplements.com/testosterone-reload/

    ReplyDelete