Pages

Monday 2 September 2013

Sam's A - Z Survey!

AtoZsurvey
Created by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-Turner.
I've seen this on several blogs, thought I'd give it a go :)

Author you’ve read the most books from:

This one was difficult to figure out because when I like an author I tend to read ALL their books!
These are the authors I've read the most books from:

Meg Cabot - 27 books
(Princess Diaries #1-3, The Mediator #1-6, Missing/1800-Where-Are-U #1-5, Airhead #1-3, Jinx, Teen Idol, Avalon High, She Went All  the Way, The Boy Next Door, Heather Wells Mysteries #1-3, Insatiable, All-American Girl #1-2)

Cate Tiernan - 18 books
(Wicca #1-15, Balfire #1-2, Immortal Beloved #1)

Jennifer L. Armentrout/ J. Lynn - 16 books
(Covenant #0.5-4, Cursed, Lux #0.5-4, Obsession, Gamble Brothers #1-2, Wait For You, Frigid)

Best Sequel Ever:

Ahhh... there are sooooo many to choose from...

I really loved The Tide Knot (Ingo #2) by Helen Dunmore and Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls #2) by Ally Carter

Currently Reading:

Everlast by Andria Buchanan

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Hot Chocolate!!! Preferably with marshmallows (in Winter)
or
Soft drink - usually Raspberry Fanta (in Summer)

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical - I need my gorgeous books in their rightful places on my shelves (though I will buy ebooks - because of deals and because some books just aren't released in physical formats anymore *sadface*)
Although, I do love ebooks for the fact that I can read and blog and do others things on the internet by only clicking a different tab, makes multi-tasking a LOT easier :)

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Oohh, any bad boy with a sad past and a *secret* heart of gold, but also a hilariously sarcastic side, like Alex Fuentes (Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles) or Jonah Griggs (On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta) or any other number of characters.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Minder (Ganzfield #1) by Kate Kaynak - at first glance this novel actually didn't attract my interest much at all, but once I picked it up... well, let's just say that I couldn't put it down until I'd read every last word :)

Hidden Gem Book:

Triangles by Kimberly Ann Miller - this book sounds like a mysterious and intriguing romance, but after reading it you'll realise just how much depth there is to the story, it really is a book that more people should pick up!

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

When I picked up Jinx by Meg Cabot at the library, it started my love affair with her books!

Just Finished:

Indelible by Bethany Lopez - beautiful read, I just LOVED it, read it in one sitting.

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Usually non-fiction or full-blown erotica, anything thing with cheating or drug-use (unless there is a point to it being in the story). Or if the main character is whiny, self-absorbed or overly stupid.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Magician (Riftwar #1) by Raymond E. Feist - 823 pages
** I never actually realised that it was supposed to be two novels: The Apprentice and
In all the copies I've read, it was always bound with both and I always just assumed that it was like other novel where there's a part one and a part two, so I count it as one book.
Otherwise the longest book I've read is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling - 766pages

Major book hangover because of:

The Mark of Athena (Heroes of Olympus #3) by Rick Riordan - this book kept me up WAY too late being absolutely hooked by the story, only to leave me wanting to rock in a corner until the release date of the next book in the series, so shocking, amazing, unbelievable and cruel was the ending!

Number of Bookcases You Own:

2 large ones, 1 medium-sized bookcase and 3 smaller bookcases

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta, this is one of the very few novels I can always read. It probably sounds strange but I have a difficult time rereading books, unless I haven't read them for several years. I have really quite a good memory so I don't tend to NEED to reread the whole story, just my favourite parts, or I just visualise what I remember of the story, playing it back in my head. On the Jellicoe Road is a novel that, for some reason, I am just able to always go to and read from start to finish despite knowing exactly what happens.

**I have decided that I have to start rereading more from now on!

Preferred Place To Read:

In bed, or in front of my heater.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

From Finnikin of the Rock (Lumatere Chronicles #1) : 
'But my father would warn, "Be prepared for the worst, my love, for it lives next door to the best," And for that I thank him each day of my life.' - Evanjalin
- this quotes always reminds me of just how amazing, gorgeous and sad ALL of Melina Marchetta's stories are!

Reading Regret:

That I didn't read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, Legend by Marie Lu, or The Lumatere Chronicles by Melina Marchetta earlier.
That I actually wasted time  botherng to read: Embrace by Jessica Shirvington, Evermore by Alyson Noel, Evernight and Stargazer by Claudia Gray, and the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series) :

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - I've read Clockwork Angel (I actually read it right when it first came out) but I've kind of held back from reading the last two and I don't know why, but from mid-November onwards I will have SO much more time for reading so that's when I hope to finish reading this trilogy.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Ark Angel (Alex Rider #6) by Anthony Horowitz

Airhead (Airhead #1) by Meg Cabot

Moonstorm (Gina Champion Mysteries #3) by Kim Wilkins

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Any book by JLA or Melina Marchetta - if they have a new book coming out, I MUST have it!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

All I Want (The Alexanders #4) by M. Malone - Adult
Untitled Frigid Companion by J. Lynn - New Adult
White Hot Kiss (Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Young Adult
The House of Hades (Heroes of Olympus #4) by Rick Riordan - Middle Grade

Worst Bookish Habit:

Reading too many books at once, putting some of them down and picking up newer books rather than finishing the ones I've already started even though I do plan to finish reading all of them.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Which shelf?!?!
Shelf #1 - Crescendo (Hush Hush #2) by Becca Fitzpatrick
Shelf #2 - Heaven Sent (The Mediator #6) by Meg Cabot
Shelf #3 - How to Date a Millionaire (Living Blonde #3) by Allison Rushby
Shelf #4 - Ark Angel (Alex Rider #6) by Anthony Horowitz
Shelf #5 - Across the Universe (Across the Universe #1) by Beth Revis
Shelf #6 - Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

Your latest book purchase:

My latest book purchase was a bundle including: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi, Breathe by Sarah Crossan, Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey, The Hollow by Jessica Verday, BZRK by Michael Grant, Eve by Anna Carey, Crave by Melissa Darnell and The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney.

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late) :

I was up until after midnight last night reading all of Indelible by Bethany Lopez, but I stay up late to finish any book I really enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment