Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Fiction, Teen,Sci-fi
Book One in the Lux Series
Published: Nov 29th 2011
Number of Pages:299
Date Read: May 12th 2012
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy.

We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don’t kill him first, that is.
                                                                   (Description source: Backcover of book)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When city girl Katy is dragged along to a small town by her mother after the death of her father she is less than impressed. Especially when, after two days of being there she meets her next door neighbors, twins- Daemon and Dee, . Daemon is the type of guy Katy reads about in the books she loves reading- tall, dark and handsome, the classic bad boy with an arrogance like noone else. From the moment Katy meets Daemon's sister off and despite Daemon's foreboding and attempts to keep Katy away from his sister he is soon forced to accept their friendship. As Katy gets to know the twins she realises that everything is not as it seems and the secret being kept from her is one that may cost her her life.

Katy is a likable character that you can easily relate to, with an attitude and personality that will keep you laughing as well as guessing what she could possibly do next. Dee is bright and bubbly and the type of person that you can't help but love! You can hardly believe that she is related to the arrogant, impolite and down right a**hole that is Daemon. Although as Obsidian progresses you get to see that he is cute and vulnerable like everybody else. 

There were plenty of twists and turns to keep even the most avid fantasy/teen romance reader both interested and guessing. I found that when I first picked up Obsidian at first I was a little uncertain about where the story would go and if i'd even enjoy it, but after the first 50 or so pages I was hooked! I definitely recommend this book! 


“Beautiful face. Beautiful body. Horrible attitude. It was the holy trinity of hot boys.”― Jennifer L. Armentrout, Obsidian

I rate Obsidian five out of five stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment