Pages

Thursday 25 July 2013

15 Day Book Blogging Challenge! Day #4: What is the Last Book You Flung Across the Room?

Day #4...
Challenge #4: The Last Book(s) I Flung Across the Room...
 
I don't throw books, much as I would really sometimes like too,  but books I really have wanted to throw across the room were Evermore by Alyson Noel and Embrace by Jessica Shirvington.

What I didn't like at all about Evermore was the fact that the main character was seemingly "perfect," her looks and everything, the only things keeping her from being perfect and popular were mainly her choices, she chose to act like a loner, and she chose to keep the scar marring her looks yet was very self pitying. I found all the characters to be incredibly shallow and vain as well. The story was like a shallow, alchemist version of L.J Smith's Night World story 'Soul Mate,' at least in my opinion, the story was quite similar, although the ending was kind of ridiculous with how it was accomplished by the main character.

What drove me insane about Embrace was mainly the main character Violet, she was so self-pitying, just constantly! She continually make stupid, avoidable choices and blames the wrong people for things they were supposed to do. She allows herself to be manipulated and despite going on and ON about certain values and was hesitant she has about a VERY important  issue, she becomes a complete hypocrite and forsakes all of it for no real reason other than that she could and in the end, she doesn't regret ANY of it and everyone else completely forgives her like she could do no real wrong at all. I HATE characters like that, so hypocritical!

I know my views on these novels are in no way popular and I don't expect them to be, but it is how I honestly feel and I really don't mean offence by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment